They call it “The Grandest Stage of Them All.” WrestleMania 35 is set for this Sunday at MetLife Stadium in New Jersey. Over the years, WrestleMania has been the premier event for pro wrestling fans, spotlighting the likes of Hulk Hogan, Randy Savage, Roddy Piper, Ric Flair, John Cena, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin, The Rock, Roman Reigns and many more mat superstars. To get you ready for Sunday, here’s a pop quiz for you WWE fans. Some questions are easy squashes, while others might make you want to tap out. Have fun!
1. Which future WWE superstar made his WrestleMania debut at WrestleMania VI as an anonymous, pink Cadillac-driving chauffeur for Rhythm & Blues (Honky Tonk Man, Greg Valentine w/Jimmy Hart)?
A. Mark Henry
C. Randy Orton
D. “Diamond” Dallas Page
2. Which WrestleMania featured Hulk Hogan defeating Andre the Giant in the main event?
A. WrestleMania II
B. WrestleMania III
C. WrestleMania IV
D. WrestleMania V
3. Which of the following performers did NOT sing “America the Beautiful” at the start of a WrestleMania?
A. Aretha Franklin
B. Willie Nelson
C. Whitney Houston
D. Ray Charles
4. Who won the very first match at the very first WrestleMania?
A. Koko B Ware
B. Tito Santana
C. Don Muraco
D. King Kong Bundy
5. What is the scheduled main event at this year’s WrestleMania?
A. Brock Lesnar vs Seth Rollins
B. Daniel Bryan vs Kofi Kingston
C. Triple H vs Dave Batista
D. Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair vs Becky Lynch
6. “Stone Cold” Steve Austin earned his first WWE world championship at WrestleMania XIV by beating Shawn Michaels. Name the guest referee who counted the winning pinfall.
A. Bret Hart
B. The Undertaker
C. Mike Tyson
D. Shaquille O’Neal
7. The performer scheduled to sing the national anthem to open the very first WrestleMania was a last-minute no-show. Who wound up singing “The Star-Spangled Banner” instead?
A. “Mean Gene” Okerlund
C. Vince McMahon
D. Lilian Garcia
8. Who is the only WWE Superstar to lose two championship titles in the same WrestleMania?
A. Kurt Angle
B. Chris Jericho
D. Ric Flair
9. One of the featured matches at WrestleMania X8 was billed as “Icon vs Icon.” Name the two wrestlers who squared off in this first-ever meeting.
A. The Rock vs “Stone Cold” Steve Austin
B. Ric Flair vs The Undertaker
C. Shawn Michaels vs The Rock
D. The Rock vs Hulk Hogan
10. John Cena made his WrestleMania debut at WrestleMania XX. Who did he defeat in the event’s opening match?
A. Chavo Guerrero
B. Big Show
D. Jeff Hardy
11. WrestleMania VII in 1991 switched venues from the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum to the L.A. Sports Arena reportedly due to security concerns. What was the main event of that WrestleMania?
A. Ultimate Warrior vs Sid Justice
B. Million-Dollar Man vs Ric Flair
C. Hulk Hogan vs Sgt. Slaughter
D. Andre the Giant vs The Undertaker
12. The Undertaker has appeared in 26 different WrestleManias. Who did he defeat in his WrestleMania debut (WrestleMania VII)?
A. Jake “The Snake” Roberts
B. Rick Martel
C. Kerry von Erich
D. Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka
13. At WrestleMania 32, the WWE changed the WWE Divas Championship to the WWE Women’s Championship. Charlotte Flair became the inaugural champion after winning a triple-threat match. Who were her two opponents?
A. Sasha Banks and Paige
B. AJ Lee and Natalya
C. Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks
D. Nia Jax and Bayley
14. Where will next year’s WrestleMania 36 take place?
A. Tampa, Florida
B. Los Angeles, California
C. Las Vegas, Nevada
D. New Orleans, Louisiana
15. The Shield (Roman Reigns, Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose) made their WrestleMania debut in a six-man tag team match at WrestleMania 29. Who were their opponents?
A. Mark Henry, Big Show and Jack Swagger
B. Kane, Ryback and Wade Barrett
C. Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Erick Rowan
D. Big Show, Sheamus and Randy Orton
- D. “Diamond” Dallas Page
- B. WrestleMania III
- C. Whitney Houston
- B. Tito Santana
- D. Ronda Rousey vs Charlotte Flair vs Becky Lynch
- C. Mike Tyson
- A. “Mean Gene” Okerlund
- A. Kurt Angle (lost the Intercontinental and European titles at WrestleMania 2000)
- D. The Rock vs Hulk Hogan
- B. Big Show
- C. Hulk Hogan vs Sgt. Slaughter
- D. Jimmy “Superfly” Snuka
- C. Becky Lynch and Sasha Banks
- A. Tampa, Florida
- D. Big Show, Sheamus and Randy Orton
How did you do?
Perfect 15 correct: WrestleMania Hall of Famer!
12-14 correct: WWE Legend!
8-11 correct: Main Event Worthy
4-7 correct: Mid-Carder
1-3 correct: Enhancement Talent