From Duke Kahanamoku and Don Ho to Akebono and Marcus Mariota, many of the world’s most renowned celebrities have called Hawaii home. Today, however, no Island star shines as bright as Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson. From conquering the world of professional wrestling to breaking through as a Hollywood film star, “The Rock” is one of the world’s most recognizable figures. But how much do you really know him? Take this short trivia quiz and see how well you do!
A. What Hawaii high school did Johnson attend?
B. What was Johnson’s primary position on the University of Miami football team?
- Running back
- Defensive tackle
C. What wrestling name did Johnson go by before signing with the WWE?
- Rocky Maivia
- Rocky Steele
- Flex Kavana
D. What was The Rock’s first championship in the WWE?
- The U.S. Heavyweight Championship
- The Intercontinental Championship
- The World Tag Team Championship (with Faarooq)
E. What wrestling stable was The Rock once part of?
- Nation of Domination
- The New Breed
F. Who did The Rock beat to capture his first WWE world title?
- “Stone Cold” Steve Austin
G. The Rock surrendered his last WWE world title reign at Wrestlemania 29. Who did he lose it to?
- Brock Lesnar
- Randy Orton
- John Cena
H. In 1999, The Rock made his acting debut. What TV sitcom did he appear in?
- “That ’70s Show”
- “News Radio”
I. What was The Rock’s first theatrical film?
- The Rundown
- Scorpion King
- The Mummy Returns
J. Among all of Johnson’s movies, which has grossed the most money?
- Furious 7
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle
- Johnson attended McKinley through his sophomore year.
3. Johnson was primarily a defensive tackle. One of his position coaches was Greg McMackin, who would later become UH head football coach.
3. He was known as “Flex Kavana” when he was part of the Memphis-based United States Wrestling Association.
2. The Intercontinental Championship
- He was part of the Nation of Domination.
2. The Rock beat Mankind to win the WWE world title at the 1998 “Survivor Series” in St. Louis, Missouri.
3. The Rock lost to John Cena.
1. He appeared on “That ’70s Show,” playing the role of his own father.
3. He was featured in the 2001 movie, The Mummy Returns.
1. The 2015 film Furious 7 grossed more than $1.5 billion, making it the ninth highest grossing movie of all time.
# # #