Let’s keep the Super Bowl festivities rolling! Today, we’ve put together a trivia quiz that is sure to test your knowledge of Super Bowl history. Fair warning: While some of these questions may seem like easy scores, some others will be tough to gain any ground on, and a few may even sack you for a loss. But it’s all in fun, right? So jump right in and tackle these dozen Super Bowl trivia teasers!
1. Joe Namath made good on his victory “guarantee” in Super Bowl III. Who did the Jets upset in that game.
A. Dallas Cowboys
B. Green Bay Packers
C. Baltimore Colts
2. Green Bay’s Bart Starr is one of only two players to win back-to-back Super Bowl MVP awards. Who is the other?
A. Tom Brady
B. Terry Bradshaw
C. Jerry Rice
3. Name the only NFC team never to play in a Super Bowl.
A. Detroit Lions
B. Arizona Cardinals
C. Carolina Panthers
4. Who is the only University of Hawaii player to score a TD in a Super Bowl?
A. Ashley Lelie
B. Jeris White
C. Golden Richards
5. Which two teams played in the very first Super Bowl?
A. Green Bay and Baltimore
B. Green Bay and Kansas City
C. Green Bay and Oakland
6. In Super Bowl XV, Oakland Raiders linebacker had 3 interceptions against the Philadelphia Eagles, but he was not the game’s MVP. Which Raider got the MVP award?
A. Jim Plunkett
B. Ted Hendricks
C. Marcus Allen
7. Who is the youngest head coach to win a Super Bowl?
A. John Harbaugh
B. Mike Tomlin
C. Sean McVay
8. Who was the first Heisman Trophy winner to be named Super Bowl MVP?
A. Tony Dorsett
B. Roger Staubach
C. Paul Hornung
9. Name the only team to lose the Super Bowl for four consecutive seasons.
A. Minnesota Vikings
B. Denver Broncos
C. Buffalo Bills
10. Only once in Super Bowl history was there co-MVPs. Name the two player.
A. Harvey Martin and Randy White
B. Eli Manning and Tiki Barber
C. Joe Montana and Jerry Rice
11. Name the team to hold the quickest score in Super Bowl history, recording a safety after only 12 seconds had elapsed in the first quarter.
A. Baltimore Ravens
B. Seattle Seahawks
C. New Orleans Saints
12. Who holds the record for most rushing yards in a Super Bowl?
A. Timmy Smith
B. Larry Csonka
1 – C. The Jets beat Johnny Unitas and the Colts, 16-7.
2 – B. Bradshaw won the award in Super Bowl XIII and Super Bowl XIV.
3 – A. Detroit Lions.
4 – C. Richards caught a 29-yd TD pass from fullback Robert Newhouse, helping Dallas beat Denver, 27-10.
5 – B. The Packers defeated the Chiefs, 35-10.
6 – A. Jim Plunkett was named MVP after passing for 261 yards and 3 TDs.
7 – B. Tomlin (age 36) and the Pittsburgh Steelers beat Arizona in Super Bowl XLIII (2009).
8 – B. Staubach was named MVP in Super Bowl VI after leading Dallas to a 24-3 win over Miami.
9 – C. The Bills lost the Super Bowl in 1991, 1992, 1993 and 1994.
10 – A. Cowboys defensive linemen Martin and White were selected co-MVPs in Super Bowl XII.
11 – B. The Seahawks scored a safety en route to a 43-8 win over Denver in Super Bowl XLVIII.
12 – A. Smith ran for 204 yards in Super Bowl XXII, leading Washington over Denver, 42-10.
# # #