By Lance Tominaga, ESPN Honolulu Web Editor.
The ESPN Honolulu Virtual Sports Fest by UnitedHealthcare Community Plan and presented by The Bump Card Team gets underway this Saturday, Aug. 7! The Virtual Sports Fest gives sports fans of all ages an opportunity to enjoy their favorite sports right from the safety and comfort of their own homes. Stay tuned, as we get ready to launch the event at a brand new website. We’ve got exciting things in store just for you!
HERE ARE TEN REASONS WHY YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT OUR VIRTUAL SPORTS FEST:
1. Want to hit the hoops jackpot? You can enter to win a trip for two to Las Vegas to attend the 2022 Big West Tournament Basketball Championships!
2. Learn about how you can get into the exciting world of sports cards with an info-packed presentation by Daren Kimura, host of ESPN Honolulu’s weekly “Sports Cards & Collectibles” show!
3. Young and aspiring baseball players can learn helpful drills from new University of Hawaii head baseball coach Rich Hill!
4. Learn receiving drills and workout tips from former UH and CFL standout Chad Owens!
5. Immerse yourself in the growing Esports craze and learn about the many opportunities it is providing for Hawaii’s younger generations!
6. Improve your shot with instructional drills led by Hawaii’s own Derrick Low!
7. Get up close and personal with your favorite ESPN Honolulu personalities, including Bobby Curran, Josh Pacheco, The Sports Animals, Tiff Wells and Dave Kawada!
8. Cure your slice and learn how to read greens like a pro – from the pros at Golf Tec!
9. Learn about the effects and signs of sports concussions, and how they can be prevented!
10. Learn proper golf etiquette from new UH men’s golf head coach Scott Simpson!
And much, much more!
# # #