By Lance Tominaga, ESPN Honolulu Web Editor.
Has there ever been a wilder NFL free agency period than these past couple of weeks? We’ve seen some big names making big moves. We’ve seen franchise-changing trades and mega-zillion-dollar contracts. Oh, and the greatest quarterback of all time announced his return to the game after a lengthy (40 whole days!) retirement. Have you been able to keep up with these transactions? Take this short Pop Quiz and find out!
- Name the star outside linebacker that the L.A. Chargers acquired in exchange for a 2022 second-round draft pick and a 2023 sixth-round pick.
- Green Bay QB Aaron Rodgers signed a three-year, $150.8-million contract extension. How much of that amount is fully guaranteed: $75.5 million, $101.5 million or the entire $150.8 million?
- What NFL team signed free-agent receiver JuJu Smith-Schuster?
- The Denver Broncos acquired QB Russell Wilson in exchange for a bevy of high draft picks and what three players: Drew Lock, Courtland Sutton and Dre’Mont Jones; Drew Lock, Shelby Harris and Noah Fant; or Drew Lock, Justin Simmons and Jerry Jeudy?
- The Las Vegas Raiders’ acquisition of wide receiver Davante Adams reunites Adams with his college teammate, Derek Carr. What college did they attend?
- What teams did Carson Wentz, Matt Ryan and Andy Dalton wind up with?
- QB Tom Brady has ”unretired” and is back with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. What season will Brady be entering in 2022: his 21st, 22nd or 23rd?
- This past season, former Denver linebacker Von Miller won a Super Bowl ring with the L.A. Rams. What AFC team did Miller join during the free agency period?
- After two seasons with the Las Vegas Raiders, Hawaii’s own Marcus Mariota is now an Atlanta Falcon. What jersey number will Mariota be wearing?
- Name the veteran QB that the Pittsburgh Steelers recently signed to compete with Mason Rudolph for the starting QB job.
- The Chargers landed Khalil Mack in a trade with the Chicago Bears.
- Rodgers is guaranteed to be paid $101.5 million.
- Smith-Schuster is now a member of the Kansas City Chiefs.
- Lock, Harris and Fant.
- Adams and Carr were teammates at Fresno State.
- Wentz is with Washington. Ryan is in Indianapolis. Dalton has signed with the New Orleans Saints.
- Brady will be entering his 23rd season in the league.
- Miller is now with the Buffalo Bills.
- Mariota will be wearing #1.
- The Steelers signed Mitch Trubisky.