Happy Holidays from your friends at ESPN Honolulu! Test your Yuletide knowledge with this quickie Christmas quiz! From classic cartoons and songs to holiday sporting events and historical trivia, these questions will help you get in the Christmas spirit!
1. In the movie “Home Alone,” where are the McCallisters going on vacation when they accidentally leave Kevin behind?
2. What item brought Frosty the Snowman to life?
3. Which NBA player has played the most Christmas Day games?
4. What is the best-selling Christmas song of all time?
5. Three of Santa’s reindeer have names that start with the letter “D”. Name them.
6. The Aloha Bowl was played on Christmas Day. Name one of the two teams that played in the very first Aloha Bowl in 1982.
7. From what country does the poinsettia plant originate from?
8. What was the first company that used Santa Claus in their advertising?
9. Name the NBA head coach who got his 1,000th career win on Christmas Day.
10. In the song “12 Days of Christmas,” what gift was given on the seventh day?
11. The movie “Miracle on 34th Street” was based on a real-life department store. Name the store.
12. The championship game of the first Diamond Head Classic was held on Christmas Day 2009. Which team became the tournament’s first champion?
- The McCallisters were on their way to Paris.
- An old silk hat
- Kobe Bryant (16)
- “White Christmas” by Bing Crosby
- Dasher, Dancer and Donner
- Washington beat Boomer Esiason and Maryland
- Phil Jackson won his 1,000th game on Christmas Day 2008
- “Seven swans a-swimming”
- The USC Trojans were the first DHC champions