By Lance Tominaga, ESPN Honolulu Web Editor.
Ready for another round of sports trivia? This set of 12 questions offers a wide range of sports subjects, from big league baseball and the NBA to UH Athletics and the CFL. Give these a shot and improve your Sports IQ!
1. Who was the most recent MLB pitcher to reach 300 career wins?
2. What former University of Hawaii athlete came out with his autobiography, “Chasing a Dream”?
3. What legendary pro wrestler’s real-life surname was “Roussimoff”?
4. Who was the very first pick in the NBA’s draft lottery era?
5. An Ace-King opening hand in Texas Hold’em is often referred to this famous athlete, both for the initials of the cards and because “the hand looks good but doesn’t win much.” What athlete is being referred to?
6. Affectionately known as “Mr. Baseball,” this person won a World Series ring as a member of the 1964 St. Louis Cardinals.
7. Legendary UH baseball coach Les Murakami got his 1,000th career win in 1998 against which school?
8. The most lopsided game in college football history occurred in October 1916, when Cumberland College got crushed, 222 to zero. Name the school that delivered this beating.
9. In 2006, this three-time Grey Cup champion and six-time league “Most Outstanding Player” was voted the greatest CFL player of all time.
10. In the poem, “Casey at the Bat,” because the mighty Casey struck out, there was no joy in…where?
11. Name the Hawaii sports announcer whose first assignment was as a 15-year-old calling a military boxing tour and at Schofield Barracks?
12. Who wore the largest Super Bowl ring in history – a size 25?
1. Randy Johnson
2. Carl English
3. Andre the Giant
4. Patrick Ewing (1985)
5. Anna Kournikova
6. Bob Uecker
7. Fresno State
8. Georgia Tech
9. Doug Flutie
11. Jim Leahey
12. William “The Refrigerator” Perry
# # #