By Lance Tominaga, ESPN Honolulu Web Editor.
As the NBA race to the postseason heats up, so is the debate on who this year’s NBA MVP should be. Nikola Jokic and James Harden are certainly making their individual cases for the award, but so are Giannis Antetokounmpo and Damian Lillard. And don’t count out LeBron James or Joel Embiid just yet.
With the MVP race on our minds, we thought we’d throw out a Pop Quiz on NBA MVPs from the past. Ready?
1. What NBA legend won the most MVP awards, with six?
2. Here’s a gimme: Who won the MVP award last season?
3. Only two players were named MVP during their rookie seasons. Wes Unseld was one. Who was the other?
4. Who is the only to win the award by unanimous vote?
5. Who was the first “international” player to win the MVP award?
6. What Chicago Bull player was the youngest to ever win the award?
7. Two players were named MVP five times. One was Michael Jordan. Who’s the other?
8. The MVP receives the Maurice Podoloff Trophy. Who is Maurice Podoloff?
9. Who is the only Canadian to earn NBA MVP honors?
10. Only three players won the award for three consecutive seasons: Bill Russell, Wilt Chamberlain and ___?
1. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
2. Giannis Antetokounmpo
3. Wilt Chamberlain
4. Steph Curry
5. Hakeem Olajuwon
6. Derrick Rose
7. Bill Russell
8. Podoloff was the first commissioner of the NBA
9. Steve Nash (twice)
10. Larry Bird
# # #