By Lance Tominaga, ESPN Honolulu Web Editor.
The University of Hawaii football team opens its conference season tomorrow night with a home game against the San Jose State Spartans. This got us thinking, “Just how much do we know about the conference and its member schools?” We did some research and came up with a short Pop Quiz for you. Check out these questions and learn all about the MW!
- Which MW school is the oldest public university on the west coast?
- Which MW school had actress/director Penny Marshall, pro wrestler Eddie Guerrero and UFC fighter Holly Holm as students?
- Alumni of this institution are referred to as the “Long Blue Line.”
- Stephen Covey, author of the acclaimed bestseller, The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People, was a professor at this school.
- In October of 2019, this school celebrated the grand opening of its $48-million, five-story, 97,000-square-foot Center for the Visual Arts.
- Five month’s before his death, President John F. Kennedy gave the commencement address at this university.
- This school was founded in March of 1886, four years before the territory was admitted as a U.S. state.
- In 2016, this school hosted the final Presidential debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton.
- Among this university’s unique facilities are an on-campus vineyard and commercial winery.
- In 1969, this school founded its state’s first medical school.
- San Jose State. The school is also the founding campus of the California State University System.
- The University of New Mexico.
- Air Force Academy.
- Utah State.
- Boise State University.
- San Diego State University. Kennedy was also given an honorary doctorate degree in law at the ceremony.
- University of Wyoming.
- University of Nevada, Las Vegas (UNLV).
- Fresno State University.
- University of Nevada.