By Lance Tominaga, ESPN Honolulu Web Editor.
In case you haven’t heard, the NBA is celebrating its 75th anniversary this season. Founded in June 1946 as the Basketball Association of America, the league overcame its humble beginnings to become a worldwide sports phenomenon. How familiar are you with the history, coaches and players of the NBA? Take this short Pop Quiz and find out!
- Who is the NBA’s all-time leader in career assists?
- Name the only NBA team that has been to multiple NBA Finals and won every single time?
- Which is the oldest NBA franchise that has never appeared in an NBA Final?
- What is Chuck Cooper’s NBA claim to fame?
- Michael Jordan was the third overall pick in the 1984 NBA Draft. Who was picked No. 1?
- In 1977, this NBA All-Star and future championship coach nearly lost his life after being punched in the face by forward Kermit Washington during a regular-season game.
- Who is the NBA’s career leader in rebounds?
- Wilt Chamberlain is one of only two players in league history to win NBA MVP and NBA Rookie of the Year in the same season. Who was the other? (Hint: It happened in 1969)
- What college program has produced the most NBA players (124 and counting)?
- What NBA team originally drafted Kobe Bryant?
- John Stockton (15,806).
- The Chicago Bulls are a perfect 6-0 in NBA Finals appearances.
- The L.A. Clippers began as the Buffalo Braves in the 1970-71.
- On April 25, 1950, Cooper became the first African-American to be drafted into the league (Boston Celtics).
- Hakeem Olajuwon.
- Rudy Tomjanovich.
- Wilt Chamberlain (23,924).
- Wes Unseld, Baltimore Bullets (now Washington Wizards).
- The Kentucky Wildcats.
- The Charlotte Hornets selected Bryant with the 13th overall pick in the 1996 draft.